maggio 10, 2006

The Poem

Here is that poem that I mentioned the other day. Gilraen wanted me to post it and I said I would on Monday but I just haven't had time till now. Sorry.

Death's Cry

Think me not evil,
my sweet,
for my love for you
is strong

I leave thee not,
becasue of war,
for my life means nothing,
without you

You said once I wasn't
worthy of you,
So I went away crushed by
your words

The haunting look of
your eyes
Played back through
my mind

I fought many fights
for you
My love spurred me on
to die

Wounded and dying
you came
I thought your face was
a dream

But your sweet voice I could
not mistake
the soft touch of your
white hands

New strength I found in
your presence
Your sweet song like life
to my ears

You lifted my hot and
tired head
the lips you pressed to my cheek
were soft

The tears you shed washed
my face
I gained stength but for
one moment

With one last breath
I whispered
My love, think me not evil
in Thy sight

My hand was reached up to
touch you
My fingers ran through
your hair

You laid your forehead
to mine
My last thought was
of you

Do not weep for me,
my love
I died in your arms,
I am happy

Well, like I said its a bit mushy, but you asked for it.

4 commenti:

thefreak ha detto...

A BIT mushy????????
I doubt it. HA
Good poem, actually. For some reason, it reminds me of Arwen & Aragorn, but I haven't a clue as to why...
It flows VERY well. I think it is my favorite poem of yours so far. =)

Chrysler ha detto...

Well thanks. My best so far? WOW!!! I really surprise myself sometimes. I wasn't even really trying.
Arwen and Aragorn, hmmmmm. But He didn't die, well not like that, not till he was old. But anyhow.

thefreak ha detto...

Hey...yeah, I do write like all the poetry on my site (unless otherwise specified). Thanks...I have trouble finding poetry for that particular site, though. Cuz most of my poetry is VEERRRYYY dark.
I dunno why it reminded me of Arwen and Aragorn...it just did. I know it's not the story at all...maybe it's just the tone. I guess I imagined them as the characters when I read it. Whatever. hehe
Keep up the poetry writing! You're getting really good! =)

Chrysler ha detto...

Thanks again! I will, I don't intend on stopping anytime soon. I'm having new inspirations all the time.
Yeah I know what you mean by the tone, it does kinda go. Especailly since you just saw the Two Towers and you think Aragorn is going to die since they changed it from the book and if you havne't read the book you don't know that he doesn't, except he's kinda' the star and the tittle of the sequel really gives everything away.
But anyhow...